Join Women Outdoors members at a public event
The Outdoor Expo held by the Genesee Valley Chapter of the Adirondack Mountain Club is a fun annual event at the Beach Area of Mendon Ponds Park. You can attend for the whole day or just an hour or two. There will be themed hikes, nature walks, workshops and demos led by various clubs, and kayaks and other gear to try out. In between you can hang out with other Women Outdoors members.
Event details including schedule:
This year we'll have a booth representing our Women Outdoors club. The booth will be a good place for members to meet and decide who wants to attend which events together. We don't know yet exactly where ours will be located in the row of club booths: spaces are first come first served, so we'll find an available spot to set up in. You can recognize us by our big Women Outdoors banner.
We'd also love some help at the booth. If you can hang out for an hour, let us know!
New to this park? It's a big park so check out the park map and other park info first. The beach area is on the east side of Hundred Acre Pond, in the northern half of the park. The Mendon Ponds Beach parking lot is the best place to aim your GPS.
- Gear for activities you might choose to participate in: hiking boots, poles, etc. Kayaks and other boats will be provided by vendors to try out, but you can bring your own PFD and paddle if you prefer.
- Gear for the weather: sunscreen, bug spray, sunglasses, hat, rain gear.
- A lawn chair, and whatever else you need for comfort while for hanging out.
- Water, lunch, and snacks as desired, although some food will be available to purchase.
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
WO Trip Leaders can exercise discretion in terms of safety and preparedness for the events they lead, including requiring compliance with vaccine, testing, and/or masking requirements.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator