Car Camp with April at Rollins Pond Campground
3 nights - Wed night to Sat morning. Site A022 is at the marshy, shallow end of the lake and water levels will determine if we can paddle from the site or if we need to head a little further up the lake.
I will be bringing my large cabin tent with room for 3-4 women. You can share my tent, bring your own, or I can loan you a smaller tent. I have a variety of outdoor camping equipment I can loan or share.
Rollins Pond Campground https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24494.html
Adjacent Fish Creek Campground https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24466.html
Activities will be planned by participants.
Meals will be your responsibility. We'll likely eat some together and some on our own.
Facilities and Recreational Opportunities: Hot showers, flush toilets, boat and canoe rentals, hiking trails, biking, fishing, swimming beach at the adjacent Fish Ponds Campground.
Nearby Attractions: The Adirondack Park Visitors Interpretive Center at Paul Smiths is 18 miles north on NYS Route 30. Lake Placid and the Olympic venues are located 25 miles to the southeast.
Payment of $25 will be made directly to the event host (April) and is due within 1 week of registration. Since space is limited if you need to cancel do so by July 13 to allow another woman to take your place
Additional information will be sent after you sign up.
COVID rules are evolving:
- This overnight event is for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process - https://www.womenoutdoors.org/covid-19
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator