Join Paris for this special event
This event is restricted to vaccinated members.
Remembering Anna is the Women Outdoors part of the 17th annual Canal Clean Sweep hosted by the NYS Canal Corporation and Parks & Trails New York. As we volunteer to pick up trash and maintain the trails at the southwestern portion of Onondaga Lake, we honor the memory of Anna DeSousa and her inspirational energy and dedication to enjoying and preserving the wonders of nature and to supporting the Women Outdoors members and organization.
Trail Conditions: Flat and very easy, paved on "Restoration Way" ; Flat and pretty easy, natural/stone dust on "Lakeland Trail" off Restoration Way
Approximate length of excursion is 0.6 mile one way walking east, 1 mile one way walking west (can do round trip walk or carpool back to your car).
Lunch will be provided at approximately 12:30
Details will be provided to registrants on April 20.
Location link: Trails » Onondaga County Parks
- A Mask for when you can't keep a 6 ft distance.
- Pick up tools: gloves and/or extension "grabber" or trash "stabber" - If you have extra, please bring them to loan to others who don't have any tools.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Wear any comfortable clothing/shoes (paved walkway).
Are you vaccinated? Please confirm that you are vaccinated when you register.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- Attendance may be limited
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees must mask indoors (including in vehicles) and maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator