Join Jeanie for this event
Maple Sugaring Weekends are a beloved Western New York tradition and one of our favorite events of the year!
Jeanie will be starting the event at 10 am with a walk on the maple education trail to learn about the science behind tree sap and how maple syrup has been processed across cultures and time. This is a self-guided walk.
After this the group will hike on other trails at Cummings. Trail conditions will be checked a day before and registrants will receive an email so you know what equipment/gear is appropriate.
Optional Pancake Breakfast
The nature center is also hosting a pancake breakfast that day which is $12 for public or $11 for RMSC members (Rochester Museum and Science Center). This is a hearty, locally-sourced pancake breakfast. Gluten-free and vegetarian options available. If you want to eat breakfast, you must reserve your spot and pay in advance online. Sign up for the 9 am slot on March 20 so that you'll be done in time to join us on the trail. Let us know when you register if you have signed up for pancakes, so that we can help you meet up with others in the group for breakfast.
Tickets - Important info to read NOW
Your $12 pancake breakfast ticket will include the maple education trail walk, and must be purchased in advance, as described above.
Tickets to walk the maple education trail alone are $5 and can be purchased upon arrival.
This event is limited to 10 vaccinated members
- A mask - will be required in the lobby, but can be removed outdoors.
- Recommended: dress appropriately for the weather, may need snow shoes or ice gripper/spikes for your boots, depending on the ground cover at the time, water, hat, gloves.
- Optional: camera, hiking poles.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this meeting.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted these updated rules for all events.
- We encourage all of our members get one of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance limits and vaccine requirements may differ for each event. Please read the restrictions in the event description.
- We will ask if you have been vaccinated. This information will help us determine rules for a particular event.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: If all attendees agree, the group may elect to dispense with keeping a 6 feet distance and wearing a mask.
- Indoor events are restricted to public events, and we will follow the rules of the hosting organization.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator