Join Stacy for this public event
This annual event features 50 characters in Victorian costumes doing improv theatre on the sidewalks, a trunk show at 1PM, and a carol sing-along at 2PM. There may be additional events at the library and other locations. The stores can be fun to look into, and the village has good restaurants.
The Dickens Christmas in Skaneateles event runs from noon to 4PM. I probably won't stay that late, but you can if you want to!
Meet at 11:30 if you would like to look for lunch at one of the restaurants in town, or come later if not interested in lunch. I have no plan for a specific lunch location, so suggestions are welcome - we can discuss on Meetup.
Parking will be crowded. You can try to find a space downtown, or use one of the free lots a 15-minute walk away: Austin Park (1 Austin St) where you can take the horse drawn shuttle to town for $3 (cash only), or a lot near the high school (49 E Elizabeth St directly across from Leitch Ave) where there is no shuttle.
This event has no limit on number of members attending. If the group is large, we can divide into smaller groups.
- A mask - as it may be needed.
- Recommended: dress appropriately for the weather.
- Optional: camera.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this meeting.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted these updated rules for all events.
- We encourage all of our members get one of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance limits and vaccine requirements may differ for each event. Please read the restrictions in the event description.
- We will ask if you have been vaccinated. This information will help us determine rules for a particular event.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: If all attendees agree, the group may elect to dispense with keeping a 6 feet distance and wearing a mask.
- Indoor events are restricted to public events, and we will follow the rules of the hosting organization.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator