Attend this Public Event with Women Outdoors
Tour Guide: University of Rochester Geology Professor Rory Cottrell
A geologist leads this fascinating tour revealing how the glaciers formed the dramatic landscape of Mt Hope Cemetery. For example, kettles, round-bottom depressions left by retreating glacial ice, found in the Mt Hope landscape are evidence of much colder times in Western New York.
This is a public event which costs $12. All proceeds go toward upkeep and maintenance of the Cemetery. The first two registrants will be able to use a couple tickets from the leader and therefore will not need to pay; others may register online at https://fomh.org/event/geology-of-mount-hope-cemetery/ or if planning to pay in person on the day of the tour just prior to the tour, please plan to arrive at 10:40 AM to purchase the ticket inside the gate house.Bring:
- A mask - to wear when in close proximity to others.
- Dress for the weather. Sunscreen, bug spray, hat, sunglasses, or umbrella as indicated by weather.
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking on uneven ground. Bring hiking poles if desired.
- Bring water. Snack is optional.
Margaret is leading this event.
Attendance is limited to 7 members.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this meeting.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted these updated rules for all events.
- We encourage all of our members to get one of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance limits and vaccine requirements may differ for each event. Please read the restrictions in the event description.
- We will ask if you have been vaccinated. This information will help us determine rules for a particular event.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: If all attendees agree, the group may elect to dispense with keeping a 6 feet distance and wearing a mask.
- Indoor events are restricted to public events, and we will follow the rules of the hosting organization.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator.