Join Sandy for this paddling event
This event is limited to 15 members
We will be paddling along a section of the Erie Canal /Clyde River, part of the Montezuma National Wildlife Reserve, in search of Bald Eagles and other wildlife.
Our route will take us around an island, and we will be passing by an eagle's nest, but note that the eagles have already left the nest. They have been seen along the Clyde River, and we hope to see them as well. Expect it to be VERY BUGGY with little or no shade.
We will meet at 5pm, for an approximate launch at 5:30 pm.
Fees: I have negotiated a reduced group launch fee for those of you who have your own gear. But if we do not have a large enough group, the fee may go up. Expect to pay between $5-$10 to launch.
Some members may be able to bring a kayak and gear to loan out. The fee to rent (and includes launch) is $25 for the day. We will let you know as soon as possible if you will need to rent.
- A mask - to wear when in close proximity to others, helping with loading and unloading, etc.
- A must: Your kayak, paddles, PFD/life jacket (unless you are renting), insect repellent, water, waterproof bag for phone, and a change of clothes.
- Recommended: binoculars, camera, snack, hat, sunscreen. Wear water shoes and clothes that can get wet (quick dry clothes). Don't carry anything that can't get wet unless it is in a waterproof container. You might also want to bring a band to secure your glasses or sunglasses.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this meeting.
Launch Site: Rivers Crossing Campground & Marina, 508 NY-89, Savannah, NY 13146.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted these updated rules for all events.
- We encourage all of our members get one of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance limits and vaccine requirements may differ for each event. Please read the restrictions in the event description.
- We will ask if you have been vaccinated. This information will help us determine rules for a particular event.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: If all attendees agree, the group may elect to dispense with keeping a 6 feet distance and wearing a mask.
- Indoor events are restricted to public events, and we will follow the rules of the hosting organization.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator