Join CJ and Sandy for this Paddle
We will be putting in at Oak Island in Waterloo, just west of lock 4 on the Seneca-Cayuga canal that flows from Seneca Lake to Cayuga Lake. We will paddle as long as we want before turning around and returning to Oak Island.
Along the way we may encounter shore and water birds such as great blue herons, bitterns, ducks, and geese. We may also see muskrats and other river wildlife.
Be ready to put in at 10:30 am.
Need a Kayak? CJ and I each have a spare kayak and gear to loan out. It is also possible to rent at Fuzzy Guppies, about 0.6 miles down the canal. Let us know when you register if you would like to attend but need a kayak. To borrow, you will need to arrive by 10 am for help with loading and unloading.
This event is limited to 15 members.
- kayak/canoe, paddle, LIFE JACKET, whistle (unless you are renting)
- hat, water shoes, clothes that can get wet, and plenty of water to drink
- Recommended: insect repellent, suntan lotion, camera in waterproof protection, lunch or snack
- a mask in case it is needed.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this meeting.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted these updated rules for all events.
- We encourage all of our members get one of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance limits and vaccine requirements may differ for each event. Please read the restrictions in the event description.
- We will ask if you have been vaccinated. This information will help us determine rules for a particular event.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: If all attendees agree, the group may elect to dispense with keeping a 6 feet distance and wearing a mask.
- Indoor events are restricted to public events, and we will follow the rules of the hosting organization.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator