Join Stacy to explore a gorge
Masses of trout lilies sprinkled with red and white trillium, saxifrage, and other wildflowers, below a variety of large, old trees.
The first waterfall is within sight of the parking area. The trail goes up the gorge rim about half a mile, and then down a steep, narrow path to a bowl surrounded by cliffs where we can walk to the top of a second, larger waterfall.
The other option at this location is to walk along and across the creek to the bottom of the waterfall. Requires tall boots or warm summer weather.
Both routes are out-and-back, with no connecting loop. If you'd like to try both, you might want to bring both hiking boots and tall rubber boots, and return to our cars to change gear where the two routes meet at the first waterfall.
CNY Hiking: Great Gully
Don't be alarmed by the forecast, it only says rain in the early morning, though that could change.
Masks required (must be worn when 6 feet distance can't be maintained), physical distancing and CDC safety protocols.
Directions will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader, as long as you are 6 feet apart.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator