Afternoon Paddle on Canadice Lake
Canadice Lake is the smallest Finger Lake, and as part of the Rochester water system it's shores are undeveloped. Motorboats are limited to 16 ft and 10 hp, so the lake is friendly to paddlers. Paddling on Canadice Lake is generally good for beginners, as long as the weather is mild. Wind can kick up waves that make it more challenging. We'll check in as the date approaches.
We'll launch from the southern launch site, which requires an easy 200 ft carry from the parking area down to the water. There is a porta-potty (hopefully open), but no water or supplies available.
If you don't have a boat, you can rent a kayak from Canadice Lake Outfitters, which will include a pfd and delivery to a launch site just north of those who will be putting in with their own kayaks. http://www.canadicelakeoutfitters.com/canoe-rental-kayak-rental.html. If renting, give yourself time to get your gear and delivery to the launch site.
We will meet on the water at 2 pm. Estimated paddle time is 2 hours. If you are renting and need to get back by 4 pm, we will make sure to do that.
Bring: a face mask for when we are close together.
A MUST - kayak/canoe, paddle, LIFE JACKET (if not renting), water shoes, hat, sun screen, bug spray, snacksfor yourself, and plenty of water to drink.
Other things to bring: whistle, clothes that can get wet (not cotton), change of clothes, towel, etc. Don't carry anything that can't get wet unless it is in a waterproof container. Optional: a band to secure your glasses or sunglasses, binoculars, and a waterproof camera.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance for this event is limited to 6 attendees.
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet between kayaks.
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. But please keep it with you and handy to put on as needed.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator