Attend this Free Public Event with Women Outdoors
Staycation The Confluence: Boats and Bikes along the Erie Canal
Check out the Erie Canal by boat and bike, while stopping at breweries and local businesses along the way. Launch at Lock 32, Pittsford, NY, and paddle down to Bushnell’s Basin returning by bicycle to Lock 32. The trip will take approximately 3 hours and will be led by a guide from Genesee Waterways Center. Cost: Free. Equipment provided.
Finger Lakes Women Outdoors has reserved 6 spots so that we can have a group participate together in this free public event.
What to bring: lots of water, hat, sun screen, sun glasses, strap for sun glasses, money to purchase food/food & snacks, water shoes, bike helmet, biking shoes and waterproof bag for anything that cannot get wet. Kayak, paddle, PFD, and bikes are provided.
Some more details:
- The paddle is 1.8 miles, and mostly flat water, moving with the current.
- The bike section is 2 miles, mostly flat with very mild inclines here and there. The bicycles provided are 3 speed touring bikes.
- There will be a bathroom stop at Schoen Place (halfway through the bike portion).
Margaret is leading this event.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited to 6 attendees
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator