Join Bev for a trio of hikes
Pack plenty of water, snack and maybe lunch. OR you could plan lunch in Skaneateles after. Wear good hiking shoes comfortable hiking clothes and those who use hiking poles regularly I would suggest them for the second hike: Hinchcliff Family Preserve. You are welcome to just do one but I will not be able to judge what time we will be at the other two. We will caravan from one to the next one. I have a purple FIT and will be at the parking area for High Vista at 8:45am.
First we will meet for the High Vista Nature Preserve:
https://www.fllt.org/preserves/high-vista-nature-preserve/. 1.2 mi. This is a pleasant 1.2 mile loop within High Vista Nature Preserve located off NY 41 just south of the Onondaga/Cortland County border
Directions for the parking: From Rt. 41 south of Skaneateles, turn onto Vincent Hill Road West, just north of the Cortland/Onondaga County line. After about 1/3 mile, the road bends to the southwest and there is a small parking area on the right-hand side. The preserve is on both the east (left) and west (right) sides of the road. On the east side, there is a large field in the bend of the road that is not part of the preserve.
This one is further south than Hinchcliff so if you are driving from Skaneateles you will past Hinchcliff first. Keep going and look for Vincent Hill Road West.
Next we will drive north on 41 to Hinchclliff Family Preserve on the left:
https://www.fllt.org/preserves/hinchcliff-family-preserve/. 1.4 mi. This is a beautiful hike with views of Skaneateles Lake but has several steep portions. Some of you will want hiking poles for this. Good hiking shoes are a must.
And then lastly we will drive a touch north and then a right and a right on to Ripley Hill Rd to: Ripley Hill Reserve
https://cnylandtrust.org/preserve/ripley-hill-nature-preserve/. This is also another beautiful trail with different pines sections, swampy section and again views of the lake- if we want to go downward… 1/2 mile or so. This is a easy trail with interesting vegetation and an old apple orchard.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited to 6 attendees
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator