Join Anna and other members for a leisurely day at Fair Haven Beach State Park
We will meet at around 10 AM at one of the picnic areas (more detailed information about how to find us will be sent when you RSVP). Note that once the park is full (limited capacity due to COVID), you will not be able to enter. So come anytime, but not too late, and stay in the park as long as you like.
Optional Activities Include:
- Hang Out/Visit/Eat Lunch - please bring your own food and drinks, lawn chair, and optional side table, etc.
- Paddle on Sterling Pond - rentals ($8/hour or $32 for the day) are available if you don't have your own.
- Hike on one or more of the trails - download a Trail Map from the Park website. You can also download a trail map to your phone.
- Swim at the beach
Bring: a face mask for when we are close together, clothing appropriate for the activities that you want to participate in, hat, sun screen bug spray, water, food for yourself. Optional: camera, binoculars
To Paddle: A MUST - kayak/canoe, paddle, LIFE JACKET (if not renting), water shoes and plenty of water to drink.
Other things to bring: whistle, bug spray, sunscreen, hat, clothes that can get wet (not cotton), change of clothes, towel, etc. Don't carry anything that can't get wet unless it is in a waterproof container. You might also want to bring a band to secure your glasses or sunglasses, binoculars, and a waterproof camera.
To Hike: walking shoes, bug spray, hiking sticks optional
To Swim/Hang at the beach: Swim suit, towel, beach shoes, hat
Park Fee: $8 per car.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance for this event is limited to 10 attendees.
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet between kayaks.
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. But please keep it with you and handy to put on as needed.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator