Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
About this Event
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited to 4 attendees for this hike.
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet between hikers
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail at the discretion of the trip leader.
This is an exploratory adventure at a nature park that I've never been to. I found plans from 2010 to upgrade the park and trail system, but have no idea if that ever happened. But I do have maps with "existing" trails, as well as the proposed trails. There are wetland areas, and at this time of year, probably good tree cover to give us shade. But there are no guarantees.
If this area is a bust, we can relocate to hike a portion of the Lehigh Valley trail that intersects nearby.
I've set this event for 2 hours, but it could easily be less. We'll see how it goes.
Bring: Your mask! It might be muddy, so think of that when selecting footwear. It also might be buggy. Don't forget your water and hat. Optional: hiking sticks, camera, GPS.
Note: Exact location, directions, where to meet, and links to maps, will be sent to attendees when you RSVP.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator