I have reserved site 92 at Lewey Lake Campground for Sun July 21 - Wed July 24. It is a water front site. Camp site pictures
This event is limited to 5 participants (who must be PAID Women Outdoors members) and will have a $25 fee to cover the camp site. You can come for 1 or more nights, or join me for the day. Sign-ups will be via the Women Outdoors website only.
Lewey Lake does allow motor boats, but the lake is shallow so expect only small boats. The Miami River inlet at the south end of the lake is supposed to be a good paddle. If the weather is cooperative and the boat traffic not too heavy, can go up into Indian Lake and down some of the bays. Other paddling opportunities nearby. Nearby hiking opportunities, and sitting in the screen tent enjoying the lake, reading, journaling, or game playing.
There is a swimming beach (no life guards), showers, flush toilets. Looks like you can get coffee, ice cream, and food in Speculator, about 15 min away.
- If you wish to paddle you will need a canoe or a kayak. If you don't have your own one can be rented at the camp ground.
- PFDs are required to be worn by all participants while we are paddling.
- I will have my large 2-room cabin tent that comfortably sleeps 3-4 people. One more tent is allowed on the site.
- There is a fire pit and I will bring a camp stove.
- I can help with sleeping pad and bag if needed
- You will need to bring your personal clothes and food
*Women Outdoors Membership Required *
Overnight Women Outdoor events are restricted to PAID members of the Women Outdoors national organization. It's only $30 a year ($15 for seniors) and part of the fees are returned to the local region to be used as we wish. https://www.womenoutdoors.org/joinus.
By clicking the "YES" option on the RSVP link you are agreeing to the Assumption of Risk as stated here: https://www.womenoutdoors.org/Risk/