This 3-mile hike will be one-way, generally going downhill. We'll start from the highest point on the Bristol Hills Branch - the Jump-Off in Ontario County Park. We'll stop at the Beaver Pond Lean-to and have a snack, and finish up at Rt 33. We will meet at the end point of the hike and at 11 am we will shuttle to our starting point.
What to bring
- Sturdy boots or shoes that can handle mud and wet conditions. You may want to bring an extra pair of shoes for your drive home (and a plastic bag for your muddy shoes).
- Clothes for the weather. Layers are best. Rain gear if needed.
- Snack and water
- Hiking poles if you have them - useful in the mud
- Gaiters if you have them - keep your pants dry and mud-free
- A good attitude - no complaining about mud and rain :-)
We'll meet at the Camp Warren Cutler parking lot on Rt 33/West Hollow Rd. The approximate address is 6880 W Hollow Rd, Naples, NY 14512. Location: 42.6862, -77.417 or N42 41.1732 W77 25.0211 Please lookup directions from your location before leaving home - don't trust your GPS to take you directly there.
Ontario County Park, north of Naples
80 miles from Ithaca,
40 miles from Rochester
30 miles from Geneva
How to Find Us: I have a red Honda Element. Very boxy. Covered in mud.
This event is open to members and non-members of Women Outdoors. Non-members are invited to join us on two events to see what you think. The third time's a charm - we'll ask you to join Women Outdoors at that point. You can join now! Click on Join Us.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
© Women Outdoors | All Rights Reserved