Join Anne and Lynn for this event
Keeping fingers crossed there will be snow - let’s enjoy a day in the snow by cross country skiing (or snowshoeing if you prefer)! The event should be lots of fun - fresh air, exercise, and chance to get to know each other around the fire.
We will meet each other in the lodge and plan out our day.
Cross Country trail fees are $18 or $15 for seniors and $10 for snowshoeing. Check out the website for more information about the Center at www.UXCSKI.com. You'll find rental fees at http://www.uxcski.com/trail-rental-fees/.
UPDATE: Registration now closes on Tuesday, January 25!
We have reopened registration, and are now asking that you register by Tuesday, January 25. This will allow us to finalize planning and activities. The ski center needs to know how many plan to attend; especially if we have people interested in lodging and renting the skis. We'll also be asking some option preferences in the registration form to help us out, giving us plenty of time for the planning team to make final plans for the day. We will notify all with the final details.
This event is limited to 20 members.
- LUNCH: Either bring your lunch or plan to purchase food at the Ski Center; another option is to have a cookout at the Lodge - we will subsidize from our region funds.
- Lynn Hughes is arriving at 10 AM to take a cross country skiing lesson. Cost is $25/hour (or $20/hour if 5 people sign up). If interested in lessons along with Lynn, please confirm with Josh Coughlin the instructor at 315-709-2981 or email@example.com - and let us know when you register.
- There is lodging available at the center or at a camp across the street for up to 3 people. If interested in shared lodging, let us know when you register and you will be contacted with more information. This option is only open to paid members. You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
Spare mittens or gloves, hat and socks to change into if you are wet or in need of extra layers.
Small back or fanny pack to carry layers of clothing you take off as you’re skiing. Best to carry these items with you so you can put them back on when standing still or as conditions change.
Thermos of hot beverage and/or water bottle.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted these updated rules for all events.
- We encourage all of our members get one of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- You must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance limits and vaccine requirements may differ for each event. Please read the restrictions in the event description.
- We will ask if you have been vaccinated. This information will help us determine rules for a particular event.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: If all attendees agree, the group may elect to dispense with keeping a 6 feet distance and wearing a mask.
- Indoor events are restricted to public events, and we will follow the rules of the hosting organization.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator