Reboot / Reconnect / Renew
Here in the Mid-Atlantic Region, we're excited to be able to gather again in person. Join your Women Outdoors friends for a hike and potluck picnic at Gambrill State Park in Frederick County, MD.
Reboot - Get your hiking boots out and join us at 9:30 a.m. for a moderate hike along the ridge of Catoctin Mountain and under the canopy of a mature hardwood forest. Enjoy views of South Mountain and the Monocacy River watershed as well as structures built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s.
Reconnect - After the hike, we'll gather at one of the shelters for a potluck picnic where we can catch up with old friends, make new friends and start planning more outdoor adventures. We'll fire up the grill for burgers and hot dogs. BYOburger, hot dog, not dog, veggie burger or grillable item of your choice as well as a side dish or dessert to share. We'll provide watermelon for everyone. Also bring your own mess kit, utensils and trash bag to carry out your trash and recylables. FYI - There is electric at the picnic shelter if you need to plug something in. Not up for a hike? Join us around 11:30 a.m. for just the potluck picnic.
Renew - Women Outdoors Mid-Atlantic needs your energy and talents as we start back up. Please join or renew today.
Sorry, no doggies at this event, but bring your four-legged furry friend to our Dog Days of August Walk and Swim on Wednesday, August 18.
- Cash for entry fee: $3/vehicle for MD residents; $5/vehicle all other states
- Snacks and water for the hike
- Hat, sun block, insect repellent
- Something to grill for yourself
- Side dish or dessert to share with everyone
- Water or other non-alcoholic beverage (we don't have an alcohol permit)
- Mess kit or your own plate(s), bowl, napkin and utensils
- Trash bag - Gambrill State Park is trash free. Everyone must take their trash and recycling home with them.
- A mask in case it's needed
- Optional: camp chair, hiking poles
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this get-together.
Know what you'd like to bring? Let us know when you register.
Specific location for the hike and picnic. Your confirmation email will provide this information. (Scroll all the way to the bottom of the email.)
At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Women Outdoors adopted new rules for all WO events, including a requirement that only WO members could participate in WO events. The board of directors has just lifted that membership restriction. Guests can now participate in two WO events before they will be asked to join Women Outdoors. Read more about WO's COVID guidelines.
You can join Women Outdoors or renew your membership now by clicking on this Join/Renew link.
- WO members and guests must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list.
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator.